Now for me. Whew. What have I been up to? Well, the past few days it has been weeding, seeding, and more weeding.
We have been planting our garden. Some are already in the ground, but some we are still growing starts. We usually get our tomato starts from our friends John and Linda Sanchez. This year we decided to start our plants from seed. I water and bring them out every morning and bring them back inside every night. Maybe it is warm enough now where I don't need to transport them. That would save some time. I think are garden is going to be huge this year. This is good because we try to make this our main source of food for the year.
We are also going to get grass, hopefully sooner than later, so I've been trying to weed our grass area to prep it for seed or *sod*. This is proving to be quite the task. I'm beginning to think it impossible to get the entire area done in one go, so maybe prepping then planting in sections might be more doable.
I am in my 5th month? or around there, of being the Primary Music Leader. I still have the excitement and energy of having a new calling. I enjoy it, and am liking it much more than being a primary teacher. Don't get me wrong, I loved teaching, but by the end of my 4th year, I was ready for a change. Some weeks are awesome and others are a little challenging. Last Sunday Senior Primary had a difficult time focusing, and being reverent. I almost kicked a kid out. It is hard to be the only one in there, having to deal with redirecting, discipline, and singing all at the same time. I'd like to think that I'm so captivating, that even the most difficult child would be enthralled by my performance and leave Primary loudly singing the words perfectly, loving music time. I have to remind myself that maybe it is not me - some kids just don't like to sing, and some are having an off day, no matter what I do. After talking with the counselor over me, I hope that next time will run a little smoother. And, of course, I will plan something grand to keep them attentive :)
My friend Jessica and I have been doing a pre-school type of thing for her daughter and Jack. So far it has been fun, the kids starting to learn their letters. Tomorrow I am going to do a book review on the Hungry Caterpillar. I've enjoyed doing it so far (tomorrow will be our 3rd time, so still in its infantcy). Jack loves it when people come over, and he loves to be doing - doing anything, as long as it is doing. I know more people are wanting to join us in the Fall. It is crazy that Jack is getting older and will actually be going to school someday.
That's me in a nutshell. I think I'm enjoying these few minutes of peace and quiet. It doesn't happen all that often, and so I'm just typing whatever comes to mind, those both relevent and not. Time for more cleaning and cooking!
1 comment:
Morg, you look beautiful in the photo! I'll be excited to hear when you get your grass in....yeah!
Post a Comment