Monday, July 18, 2011

Sage is 3!!

 

P7160002 P7160008

P7160013

Sage is absolutely the cutest, sweetest girl in the whole wide world.  Seriously.  I can’t believe she is 3.  Well, it is not just that she is 3, it is more the fact that she was only 2 before.  Two?!?!  Have you ever met this girl?  Dang it, she’s a smart, funny, loving, sassy cookie.  She has been 3 in my mind for a very very long time.  I can’t believe she was only 2! 

Sage decided for her birthday  that she wanted to go shopping.  She wanted to buy hot dogs and vegetables.  Mmmmm…okay.  We really needed to get groceries, so a Costco trip it was!

During nap time Jack and I bought an ice cream cake per Sage’s request, and then bought some presents from the dollar store.  Jack picked them all out: Dora head bands, fairy wings, and a pirate dress up kit.  She has loved them all.  It is cute to wake up hearing the kids “Arrrrr”ing together.  Even Charly likes to take the dagger and stab people.  Yes, she’s at the stage where “Ouch” is hilarious. 

We took the kids to the Winnie the Pooh movie at the theatre too.  This was a big deal because this is their first ever trip to the theatre.  Seriously.  Since Jack is media sensitive, we thought this would be a good first movie.  He did say several times that he was scared, but of course it was a happy ending and so he did a really good job.  Best yet, Jack didn’t even have night terrors!  We were super surprised.  I don’t know how interested Sage was, but she said she liked it.  Charly was being her rowdy self so I had to take her to walk the halls.

After the movie we went to the Children’s place (new in our mall) and all this kids picked out some flip flops.  Do we isolate our kids so much that they are sooo easy to please?

But, my dear Sage, I love you with my whole heart.  You are so special.  You are seriously the best big sister to Charlotte – ALWAYS sharing, ALWAYS speaking so sweetly, ALWAYS hugging, kissing, holding hands.  It is amazing to see.  You are so so smart, funny, really blossoming into a mighty fine artist, independent, have your own funky style (which love and adore) and have the most captivating smile.  I am so blessed to be with you everyday and to be your mom.  xoxoxo

3 comments:

Rheanna said...

I used to worry about our kids being too isolated from "the world" because they enjoy the simple things too (Payton's 6 and asked for sun glasses and bubble gum for her birthday-and I really believe if that's all we got her she would have been happy!), but lately I've watched other kids and I think it has allowed our kids to be KIDS a little longer. Plus, if you buy your 5, 6, or 7 year old an iPod...what's left to get them at 15, 16, or 17 :o) Just my opinion! I think you're a great mom! She does make the cutest pirate!

Andrea said...

Awesome! Morg, i still need your address. I found some sz 11 shoes that I will send to Sage as an apology for not calling on.... you know what.

Ok,
Bye

ali said...

What a beautiful girl! Not everyone can carry off the "fairy princess pirate" look! Sage Elizabeth has killer dimples and a personality to match! I can't believe that we've had 3 years of her love, laughter and sass! I love ya!