Jack loves to cook. LOVES to cook. He likes to help with what I’m doing, yes, but his all time favorite is doing his own recipes. He likes the free reign and being in charge. I’m his helper and get out whatever he wants and figure out the best way to cook it. This is his latest creation…and yes, it is edible. Flour, water, milk, eggs, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, marshmallows, chocolate chips, coco powder, melted butter…I think that’s it…topped with sprinkles.
Jack is starting kindergarten in 3 weeks. I keep vacillating if he is ready or not because he is so young. He is four and turning 5 at the end of November. The cut-off is the 2nd of December, so he meets the cut off. But still, I’m going to miss him all day. But he really is very smart. He is ready academically, for sure. And he really needs something more than what I’m giving to him at home. He will do really really well in the classroom. I have no doubt about that. (I love see him sounding out words - he is writing my name now with MGSP and Winnie the Pooh is WDP.)
But Jack is so innocent. I’m worried he is going to lose that. I’m worried about making friends and dealing with mean kids. I’m worried about him being strong enough to stand up and make good choices even if people around him are not. I’m sad that I can’t protect him forever. I love that kid. So very much. I know I need to let him go to grow. I wonder if I’ll be sappy with the other ones…the first cut is the deepest.
4 comments:
Wow, Jack . . . looks great!
That is interesting that the cut-off for kindergarten is that late. In Oregon and Washington kids have to be 5 before 9/1 to head to kindergarten.
It's hard to let them go, for sure. Paden loved kindergarten this last year. He loved going to school, even though he said it was boring - he liked it!
Those are alot of the same feelings that I had when Jackie went to kindergarten. I think Jackie had some good and some not so good experiences in her past school year. I mean that is the reality of life-right?
I think that Jack will do wonderfully and grow so much. He is going to make friends and I bet he will adore his teacher. I think socially that it is more simple for boys. He will play soccer at recess or something like that. Is it full day? Just think of all the kids that go to preschool ALL day when they are 3. He is going to be great. Kids are so adaptable, too.
His food looks.... kinda crazy. But cute! And I totally get where you're coming from with Jack. Noah is a November baby, too... always a bit ahead in some ways, but still so little.... I worry about him getting hurt or too old too fast, too...
Hugs to you!
I recommend you start roughing him up right now. Take whatever he's working on and yell "MINE!" Make him walk around with a 20 pound backpack and sleep on the hard floor. He should be tough and ready to leave home in no time. Trust me....it works!
Love you!
(Remember, a hug, laugh and kiss makes any day great!)
Post a Comment