Merry (belated) Christmas! This was, in a way, our very first Christmas. The first Christmas in our house (we were living in Montana and went to Utah for the holiday last year). The first Christmas we had a tree. The first Christmas Jack could understand the concept of Christmas and presents. The first Christmas we got to start our own family traditions. It was pretty exciting.
If you are wondering about the tree...it came from a guy at Joel's work who owns some property up in the mountains. His philosophy is to cut down the ugly trees and leave the good ones to grow and make a good-lookin' forest. Makes sense if you think about it. Our tree came from an ugly tree that had two tops. It was the sorriest looking tree with big chunks missing, making putting the lights on challenging. But we LOVED it. It was perfect. Jack insisted that the lights were plugged in 24/7.
I don't have any pictures from Christmas morning. Jack woke up at 4:30. We put him back to bed...5:30 up again. Back to bed...6:15! Jack was invited to lay down next to us (which is a first since he was a baby). Not too long after that, we opened the presents. I took one picture (which is hecka blurry) and then Joel took the camera away. But we did have a lovely day. After our family Christmas, we went up to Bill and Katherine's and had Christmas there. Then we had a big Christmas dinner with the Sanchez's and Sanders. It was really nice.
Posts of Jack enjoying his presents are to come. He is too cute with them so I gotta share.

1 comment:
I love your Charlie Brown tree! And I'm glad that you had a great Christmas! Love ya.
Post a Comment