Sorry about the church-y posts lately. But I started again at my rereading the Book of Mormon, this time with a study guide my mom gave me. I just read about the Tree of Life and the study guide said some stuff that got me thinking about where I have been at different point in my life on our little journey called life.
I recently commented on my friend's blog a little something that I'm going to post here. It is not a proud moment of mine, but it defintely groups me in the with the people who partook of the tree of life and then cast their eyes about ashamed.
I remember in High School, just as I was leaving the bus, the guy that I thought was the most beautiful thing in the whole world asked me how actively mormon me and my family were. I froze. I said something along the lines of, "oh, not that active. I mean we go to church every Sunday and go to the activities, but that's it." That was my moment. I still feel horrible about it. That is when I decided to not be embarrassed or worry about what other people thought. Yeah, so I guess now you know! Kinda random to share, sorry...
I like to think that if I had a do-over I would answer it truthfully, and without being worried about what other people thought (even boys with amazing eyes). I am extremely grateful for the gospel in my life. It really is a blessing to have been born into the covenant. There are so many things that I have been protected from in my life by following the Lord's path, even when it has been hard or unpopular. It does make us a peculiar people. I do have a testimony of the gospel. I do not doubt. I cannot deny that I have felt His spirit and have seen His hand in my life. I am eternally indebted to the Lord for the many many blessings he has given me. I pray that I can be a mom who can teach my children to have a testimony too. I guess I would feel ackward leaving the post without saying, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
3 comments:
Amen! We can all handle a good churchy post every once in a while. Thanks for sharing.
I wanna know who this guy is....Oh, and I love hearing your love for the gospel!
Yeah, Joel doesn't want to know who the guy was...
Post a Comment