Thursday, January 14, 2010

Projects

Just quick snapshots of what we have been up to these past few months...

For Christmas Jack and Sage had to give presents to two of their cousins. Jack worked really hard on making these letters for them (gathered the wood, sanded them, drilled pilot holes and did the hammering). We also made them fleece sleeping bags.

A while back I finally finished one of the four Roman shades for the kitchen. I have another one done and waiting for me to get back into gear to sew the rings on the back.

Next up is Jack's calender. We do it every day. The bottom has little pictures of what is going on during the week - he is sure learning the days of the week fast and it helps him to know when things are coming and what is going on during the day. I think it looks loverly in the hallway under the key holder Jack made.

I did not manage to get pictures of the pigs before they were done for, but I did get one of the BBQ Joel made special for the pig that was for the ward Christmas dinner. Don't get too jealous you BGE lovers! This used to be the tool box in the bed of our truck. Joel cut it up, welded a few pieces here and there, and this is what we ended up with. The bishop came and helped Joel with the killing, hair burning, and gutting (Bishop always gives a great anatomy lesson for Jack and I). The pig tasted great. The BBQ presently has a new function until next year: Joel welded on a heavy duty handle and it is now Jack's feed box with everything he needs to feed TJ. So handy :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Um, what's a BGE?

Lauren said...

It looks as though it can fit more than the BGE. Awesome! I love it!

The girls LOVE their names! They are up on the wall. Thank you, Jack!

All your projects are awesome! Way to go!

Nathan said...

First off - all references to the BGE need to include the link to
http://biggreenegg.com/eggs_XL.html

Secondly - THAT IS AWESOME! Did it rotate on a spit? What was the fuel source? Details, woman, details!

Thirdly - I've got an old trampoline, Joel can you help me turn THAT into a pig-sized BBQ?