Sunday, April 6, 2008

Curtains!

While we were in Oregon, Joel's mom Katherine and I started a mission that I want to finish before the baby comes. Curtains for the house! We did not finish them, not even one, but here is what we started. I brought back my sewing machine so I can work on Jack's room - with blockout lining and everything. Hopefully I will actually get to it :)

We started on Jack's curtains. We bought the green fabric from IKEA months ago. We bought so much that we are going to use the same one for the little girl's room - only the border is girly. Here is Jack's with the border:

Katherine was awesome to work with - she did all the cutting and pinning and ironing. I got to sit sew, order her around, and sit and look pretty. Here she is cutting the fabric:

Here is what we got done. It is going to be a roman shade, and the border will be on the bottom too. Every step we made we had to put it up in the window to see what it looks like! The cardboard box on the left is what Jack previously had on his window. This will be an improvement:

I thought I took more pics of the other fabrics we picked out - but I guess I didn't. I'll post them as I make 'em.

And that concludes our Irrigon trip! We are going to Kansas City next week - so there will be nothing for a little bit until we come back...

4 comments:

Britt Wright said...

Morg, you are so crafty! I love the fabric you picked out! Good luck on getting them done, and have fun in Kansas!

Maxmomma said...

Those are DARLING!
What fun style you have- I wish I had an ounce of your sewing skills to take on some crafts like that myself, but alas.... I am hopelessly terrible at sewing! You tummy looks so cute! Do we know boy or girl yet? I haven't heard the news...
By the way- thank you for saying on my blog that I look good... It has been a LOT harder for me to feel pretty after this second baby and I had really needed to hear that. As always, you continue to be wonderful!
Also, we miss you- when do we get UT visit?

Lauren said...

Those are so cute Morg! I love them! You are so talented!

ali said...

The curtains are ADORABLE! I love the color and the pattern! You are so fortunate to have Katherine around! I love the border. Roman shades are difficult to make and they look AWESOME!