Sunday Joel and I had an anniversary. For days preceding the big day, Joel kept on talking about how long six years is, like it was a terrible thing. For me I haven't ever lived anywhere, done anything or ever known anyone for that many consecutive years. It does seem like a long time. But it has been a great thing! I can't think of anyone else that I would rather spend the last 6 years with. A few things I remember:
The night before, Joel realized that he forgot to pick up his tux. So he had a friend go pick it up from the store, meet another friend to pass on the suit, to bring it to Joel while we were waiting at the temple after we got married. Usually you have to wait for the bride before leaving the temple, but I was waiting for Joel to get ready.
We got married so early in the morning that I did my own hair and makeup in the car drive to the temple.
There was a person in the sealing room that day that had something going on, I don't know what, but they had the most sour look on their face, that it was hard for me to listen to what the sealer was saying. Sad, I know, but true.
I never felt more majestic and beautiful than I did looking in the mirror right before going in the sealing room.
Though not a memory of that particular day only, Joel's smile melts me every time I think of it.
Happy Anniversary baby, you have proved yourself to be more than what I have could have asked for. I love you dearly.
3 comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like 6 years is a LONG time to know someone and be around the same people! Congrats on 6 years!
We were thinking about y'all on Sunday! Happy anniversary! I remember your wedding day too. You looked so beautiful...you were glowing. I can't believe that was six years ago! What a happy day! Love you and congrats to you and Joel!
I love hearing of your wedding day!!! I need to remember that on my anniversary....next Feb. I'm with Lo...you were glowing on your wedding day. You were and still are beautiful!! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment