(Not a very good picture of any of us, but it is the only one I got when Britt and mom were here)
At the beginning of April my sister Brittany and my mom came up for a visit! It was so great to have them here. It is not often that I get to spend time with my sister without her kids, and I know that my kids just ate up the attention. Sage especially took a liking to Britt. My mom said that next time she comes she won't bring Britt so there is no competition. My mom and dad and little brother are coming this weekend, so I thought I should at least make mention of this visit before another visit.
It was General Conference weekend, and we just sat on the porch listening to it via internet (we don't have TV) while Jack played in the sand. It was soooo nice to do it that way. Painless.
They flew into Portland and so while we were there we got to drive by our old house. It was amazing to me the things that I remembered, that looked familiar to me. Nothing in particular, but a building or the general feel. Granted, this is all from a 6th grader's memory, so I was surprised. We also stopped off at Multnomah Falls on the way back. That I do have lots of memories of - like the time I fell in the river on top of the falls, or when my dad fell and slid down the sidewalk and ran into the sharped-edge garbage can but was acting all tough even though it hurt like a bugger. :)
It was really great having them here.
2 comments:
yeah...not so good pic. But we know that we are just dream babes without the bad pic....right? ha! Have fun with Mom, Dad and Thabs!
I think it is a beautiful pic. I was actually so jealous that weekend to know so many people I loved so much were in one place and I Was missing it! I know they had a great time with you guys and I have heard that you are one fabulous cook.
So, reading your post is making me like your country life is making me long for it. Is Oregon expensive? I love the thought of no TV and my little guys having space to run around in all day. Sometimes we city folks are missing out :).
Post a Comment