Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Battle Wounds

So one of these is legit, and the other just because Joel said it wasn't blog worthy. I beg to differ...

A few weeks ago, Jack and I had a tough week. Sage knocked some of my sewing stuff off of the wall and it landed on my foot. It hurt. I knew it was bruised, even if you couldn't see it, but Joel thought I was just being a baby. In this picture, with a lot of light adjustment, you can see that I really did get bruised!

Okay, now seriously. We went over to a friends house. The kids were outside playing and the grownups were inside talking. I looked at the window and saw their big old goat, tied to the fence. Jack had just walked up and starting petting it. I asked if the goat was friendly, and then the thing started to attack Jack! It knocked Jack to the ground and was just going at him with its horns. Jack was screaming, of course, caught between the pummeling goat and some sort of water barrel. I had a mommy adrenaline rush and ran out with my barefeet, grabbed that goat by its horns and saved my little boy. I found a bunch of goat-heads in my feet on the way back. (I know, boohoo) Jack was really tough and didn't cry for too long. He insisted that his teeth hurt. He had some scratches on his face and bruising on his shoulder in addition to the scratching on his belly. Poor little guy! We haven't been back there again, so I'm curious how he is going to be around the goat, who is now labeled as the mean goat. I'm just happy it was a goat and not a horse or cow. He really is an animal lover and needs to develop some sort of healthy fear and respect of them. There hasn't seemed to be any long-term effects. That boy....

3 comments:

Britt Wright said...

Oh....poor boy! And I think you should be given an award for mommy of the year!

Maxmomma said...

Wow! Talk about scary! Way to go for saving him, Morgan! I hope his teeth are feeling better :)
- and your foot too. That looks painful.

Emily S. said...

Morgan, that is SCARY!!!! You are a SuperMama to the rescue!!

And for what it's worth, your foot DOES count as a REAL injury. OUCH!