Today was one of those days that has me reflecting about what being a mom is all about. I thought I knew what I was getting into before becoming a mom - the joy and love I would have - and I did know that it wasn't going to be perfect all the time. But I didn't realize how hard it would be and then but the best thing in the whole wide world all in the same whirlwind day - 4 seasons in one day.
The day started out terribly, with disobedience, not sharing, sand flinging, broken plates, broken pickle jars, time outs, being bit while breastfeeding, a broken computer, an entire paint container squeezed out and smeared over the porch, patience wearing thin. Oh how I love nap time. And then this evening was one of the best you could have imagined - smiles, a bike ride, sharing, word usage, laughter, playing in the dirt nicely, family time, the sun shining, peace. An emotional roller coaster.
But, do you know what? I wouldn't trade it for anything. At the end of the day I LOVE my kids, I LOVE that I get to be home and raise them. This is definately the hardest thing I have ever done. It is the most selfless thing I have ever done. But it is also the most rewarding. Kudos to all you moms out there - keep up the good work.
2 comments:
It's definitely harder than one may think! I've got a first grader that dislikes school, but is certainly smart enough to not have issues. He's doing fine, but just motivating him is a chore and I definitely haven't had patience for that lately. Only 8 more days of school, then we can have a break!
Keep up the good work!
I totally agree with this post! Being a mom is the one of the best things that ever has happened to me. And you are such a great mommy! And I think you have much patience for your kids.
Post a Comment