Saturday, June 13, 2009

Boats

Today we went on Bishop's boat with Joel's Uncle Tom and his 2 kids. (Gabe Hansen was our escort.) They are in town for the weekend. This is a pretty big thing because this is the first time in the 10 years Katherine has lived here that any of her family has come for a visit. Including Josh's funeral. The first visit EVER. I have only met this uncle once, at our wedding reception in California. The kids are 10 and 13. They are really good kids.

But yeah, the boat was SO MUCH FUN. Joel and I were the only ones brave enough to venture into the cold water to go skiing. We both were able to get up and stay up for awhile. I haven't gone skiing in YEARS. We had a boat growing up, but we did kneeboarding and tubing. I definately want to go again. Then we went and shot a few fish with a bow. Zach really liked that.

Have you noticed I've been writing more often? Less pictures - more due to my internet connection...grrrrr...but it helps me "journal" more often. Just random thoughts that I'm sure no one is all that interested in, but more for me than for your reading pleasure. Do you like the new style?

1 comment:

tina said...

Well, I don't know if I can keep up with your frequency, but I do like it. I have done that before too - needed to empty my head for my sake and it worked!

I would like to recommend wireless internet from MachMedia out of Hermiston. It's $30/month and $5 for antenea rental. Other wireless places make you buy a $400 antenea, but this guy just rents them. It's quite nice. He comes out and installs everything for no charge (as far as I recall). We've been happy with it!