Next week is Father's Day. The primary has to sing in Sacrament meeting. This is going to be our first gig since I've been called as the music leader.
We are doing the 'I am a builder song' well, I guess it is called "My Eternal Family". It feels wierd writing this, knowing that his mom is going to read this, but there is a little boy in Jr. Primary that just rocks this song. He even called me few weeks ago to ask where to find the music so he could sing a long while his mom played. He sure puts a smile on my face hearing him sing with everything he's got.
I hope the kids do as well as they did in practicing today.
Help your kids practice the song this week, especially the 2nd verse! Thanks.
4 comments:
I know exactly the boy you are talking about. :) He is great! He came over to our place about a week ago and showed me the music. To be honest I didn't know what the title of the song was until he showed/told me. As for my family. I promise we will practice at least once.
That little boy loves that song! I heard he chose to listen to primary songs on the way to town yesterday. Apparently, he only listened to a few songs and a few of them about 3 times before turning on Kids Bop free cds from McDonalds. However, I believe his parents are happy to hear him sing anytime. I think his parents are also grateful for a fantastic music leader!
What a doll! You would be so great as the music leader- what a lucky group of primary kids to have you! I was sitting with Max a few weeks ago in primary and they sang that song. I know I am pregnant, but I had to stop singing it made me tear up. I guess sometimes we just need that reminder that what we are doing is the most important thing we could be in His plan.
Primary music is inspired. It is an avenue for the little ones to bear their testimonies...with volume and gusto!
Post a Comment