Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I was all by myself

Joel is out of town this week to take a class at Kansas State University. The company pays for all of it, so it is really nice for him. But that leaves me here by myself with the kids. Last time Joel was gone he and Jack went to the Father's and Sons campout. It was just 1 night. I stayed up late watching movies and eating ice cream sundaes. So, I am trying so hard not to eat constantly and to be semi-productive. Growing up, my mom wasn't very good at coping with my dad away, she'd be all weird and crazy like. Even Freda (our African gogo/domestic) would ask what happened to mom when dad was gone. So I'm determined to be normal, at least when the kids are awake. So far so good...

4 comments:

Ashley said...

A week? That's tough. Stay strong!

Nathan said...

So far so good? Keep telling yourself that...

Britt Wright said...

Good luck! Only a few days more...right? Keep busy and I'll keep on checking on you! love ya.

ali said...

...what you learn from blogs...