A friend and I were talking a few weeks ago about hair. She wanted to shave her head and I wanted to dye my hair pink or blue or purple in the back under my hair. I've wanted to do it FOREVER, but just always had an excuse of applying for jobs, needing to look professional, and the list goes on. I've also always wanted to do dreads in my hair too. For some reason being pregnant with dreadlocks has always appealed to me. Whenever I go get my hair done I tell my hairdresser that I want to do it pink and she just laughs uncomfortably like I'm joking.
Then my friend called me on Saturday. She did it. Her husband helped with her clean shave. And I LOVE IT! You can really see her face now and she looks gorgeous.
I just got off the phone with my hairdresser. I wanted to get my hair done before my family reunion at the end of the month anyways. I told her about my little pact (her first question asking if my friend has cancer) and she is going to do it - a fuscia/pink color in a peek-a-boo style. The date is set. I'm so excited!
6 comments:
Yahoo! I can't wait to see it!
I have wanted dreads, too! Though, I haven't given much thought to having dreads and being pregnant. I've also wanted white hair like Anderson Cooper. Dark blue highlights have also been a desire.
Culture and society play interesting ideological power struggles with individual choices. Kudos to you and our friend with a shaved head!
I cant wait to see it!!! Im sure it will look cute just like our lil friend, mrs. newton!! she does have a perfect head for it...
I look forward to seeing it. I love the idea! It is something fun and different. And I guessing once you get dreads....I'll you you're preggers. Thanks for the update! haha.
what fun! post pictures!
Yet another reason to look forward to the reunion! Will you post pics before you go, or will we have to wait for the surprise?
Post a Comment