On Friday Sage woke up feverish and was hot all day. Since then we have been really busy, and she has sure been cranky, a little warm, a little runny nose. A new tooth, maybe?
Then the past few days her sleeping has been really off too - sleeping only 40 minutes total during the day, screaming whenever I put her down, or taking two naps instead of one.
This morning at 4:30 she was up crying in her crib. When I went in she was just sitting there holding her ears. DING! Maybe she has an ear infection?!?! She was off this morning but not too bad, but after her nap she woke up and was bad enough for me to call the doctor. They got me in the last appointment for the day.
Sure enough, once we saw our doctor, it took him, hmmmm, let's say less than a minute to look at her ears and write a prescription. Poor lady has an ear infection in both ears.
I do feel validated that I wasn't just being an impatient mom for no reason. I guess this is proof that she must have not been a happy camper. (Sometimes the kids can be having terrible days and then Joel comes home and they are so happy and sweet. He always says something along the lines of "Been like this all day?" or "Yeah, so terrible".) And Joel was pleased with my accurate diagnosis.
I sure hope those antibiotics kick in soon - for all of our sakes.
1 comment:
Poor girl! We have been through that ourselves... It is hard for everyone involved! Max got ear infections so much, we got an otoscope- it has been really helpful on Jonas and now that Max is older. But he wouldn't let me touch him with it when he was a toddler.
Hope Sage feels better soon!
Post a Comment